Have you been disappointed by a product or service you’ve paid for? We want to make sure that you receive the help you need. Below are tips from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) to help you get your money back.

Ask for a Refund

Buyer’s Remorse: When the FTC’s Cooling-Off Rule May Help
The FTC’s Cooling-Off Rule gives you a 3-day right to cancel a sale made at your home, workplace or dormitory, or at a seller’s temporary location, like a hotel or motel room, convention center, fairground or restaurant. But not all sales are covered.

Disputing Credit Card Charges
Here’s how to resolve billing errors on your credit card accounts.

File a Complaint

FTC Complaint Assistant
If you have a complaint about a company or its business practices, the FTC wants to know. Use our online complaint assistant or call 1-877-FTC-HELP.

State and Local Consumer Agencies
Contact your local consumer protection office to report frauds and scams or to get help with a consumer complaint. The directory includes consumer protection offices, banking authorities, insurance regulators, securities administrators, and utility commissions.

Refunds from the FTC

Recent FTC Cases Resulting in Refunds

Sometimes FTC cases result in refunds for the people affected. Want to see what kind of refund cases the FTC handles? Check out our chart of recent cases.

You can use the FTC’s sample complaint letter to ask the seller or manufacturer for a refund, get tips and strategies for making your case, and find organizations that may be able to help. The FTC also has a refund program. The FTC sues companies that make deceptive claims about their products and services and sometimes result in refunds for the people affected. Be sure not to be fooled by scammers who promise to get your money back for a fee.