Managing Your Devices
The convenience of online banking and mobile banking can help you transform how to manage your money and give you the ultimate control of your finances. However, it is important to manage your devices, passwords and yourself carefully to ensure you are protecting yourself online.
With regards to your phone, tablet or personal computer:
- Install or update your antivirus and anti-spyware software
- Run a full scan with both your antivirus and anti-spyware software
- Ensure your operating system is up to date
- Keep your software up to date
- Keep your firewall turned on
- Review accounts regularly
- Change your passwords to banking, email, and shopping sites regularly
- Be careful what you download
- When possible have a device dedicated only to online banking activities
Phishing is used by high-tech criminals to bait customers into disclosing sensitive personal information through unsolicited emails — often asking them to update forms with personal information, download attachments, validate billing information or install software. Never click on these emails. Even if the email seems like it is from a company you trust, always call the company (using an official phone number from your billing or account statement) to verify that the email is legitimate.
Steps to protect yourself:
- Never respond to an unsolicited email that asks for detailed financial information.
- Check your credit card and bank account statements regularly.
- Look for the “lock” icon on the browser’s status bar before submitting personal information through any website.
- Never respond to “pop ups” or any online request for information.
For more information on how to protect yourself, check out other topics in our Security Center.
To report a phishing attempt on your Marquette Bank accounts, please call 1-888-254-9500.
NOTE: Marquette Bank will never ask you for sensitive information like your usernames, passwords or payment codes through email. Always ignore requests for sensitive information related to your banking and call Marquette Bank’s Customer Service Center at 1-888-254-9500 or email email@example.com.